Thursday, February 19, 2009

Gotta Respect the Classics

It's always good to start with the basics, so I whipped up a batch of vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting. I'm not sure how interesting this will be, but I took some pictures along the way. I use my own recipe that I adapted the batter from this one. That's as much info as I'm willing to share about my recipe... feel free to experiment with your own! Here we go!

Start with the dry ingredients...


Then you mix together the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla....


Combine the two with some milk, and divide it among your cupcake papers.


Put your cupcake tin into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, and you've got:


Num Yummy, I know! But wait, you're not done yet!

Frosting!! Yes!! I used vanilla buttercream, but I don't have photos of that process because the baby was upset. I don't know what he has against frosting. Anyway, I tried my hand at using a pastry bag, like this:


But in the end, I used my trusty Pampered Chef frosting "gun," it makes such a nice swirly effect.


Ta-da!
So, what have we learned? Well, I know I need to work on my frosting techniques and master the pastry bag. I also learned that my camera kind of sucks, and I'm not so hot at photography yet, so I apologize for this mess. It will get better, I promise!
Well, that was fun. Not bad for a first post!

2 comments:

  1. Very fun blog! I'm glad you got on board;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill! This is pretty freaking cool and I LOVE your logo!!

    ReplyDelete